Indulge in the luxury of Galle Fort with its many shops, restaurants, and spas. Overlooking the beautiful sea in this tranquil setting.
Check out The Shack in Galle for great food and music while watching the sunset on the beach.
Relax on the vast stretches of sand in Mirissa and catch up with your reading while topping up your tan. Eat dinner watching the sunset and then check out the spotlight bar for the best night out.
This trendy beach town is the place to learn how to surf, or watch the pros at work! With lots of cool and tasty restaurants to choose from, you will have plenty of choices. For freelancers, check out Verse Collective for a cool co-working space and a great Aussie breakfast!
A more romantic spot with its gorgeous pink sunsets and cosy cafes to cuddle up in. At the Ceylon Sea Hotel, you can even hear the waves while you sleep. Perfection!
Set up high in the luscious mountains, Ella provides beautiful scenery to any activity. From hiking one of the Adam's peaks, to sipping tea overlooking one of the many tea plantations, to watching the iconic train pass through, this place is stunning! Just make sure you take travel tablets before getting the bus back down to the coast!
- Treat yourself with a pamper day at Galle Fort
- Try the best carrot cake at Poonie's Kitchen
- Buy beautiful gemstone jewellery
- Let your inner child play on the Instagrammable beach swing
- Spot turtles bobbing out of the water during sunset
- Eat dinner watching the sunset on the beach at Zephyr
- Learn how to surf with private lessons by the locals
- Work on your business at co-working space Verse Collective
- Play board games at cafe Hiri Five 80
- Admire the professional surfers catching waves in Hiriketiya
- Learn about a crab's mating rituals on the beach of Tangalle
- Watch baby elephants misbehave at the Elephant Sanctuary
- See the iconic train pass through the hill country of Ella
Best time to visit:
Dec/Jan/Feb/Mar - warm, sunny days in the West and South coast
Apr/May/June/Sept - warm, sunny days in the East
Accommodation: £30* per night (on average)
Food: £15 a day
Private Transfers: approx £150*
Visa: £28 (under 30 days)
Private Surf Lessons: £15 for 2-hour lesson
Planning fee: £450* (15 hours at £30 per hr)
TOTAL COST: £2,118
Out of your budget? Not to worry! Send me a message and I can plan a trip to Sri Lanka in your price range tailored to your specific wants and needs.
Prices are per person for 3 weeks based on solo travel in March 2020, staying 2 nights in Galle, 7 nights in Mirissa, 5 nights in Hiriketiya, 3 nights in Ella and 4 nights in Tangalle. Includes 3 private surfing lessons in Hiriketiya. Flights are from London airports.
Items with * can be split between multiple people.
Prices valid on 09 Feb 2020. Based on current currency exchange rates by Morningstar.